This crispy grilled chicken smothered in tangy Alabama white sauce is sure to activate your taste buds!
View this post on Instagram
Check out this Alabama white BBQ spachcock chicken! Alabama White BBQ sauce: 2 cups mayonnaise 1/2 cup cream style horseradish 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar 3 tbsp sugar 2 tsp yellow mustard 3 tsp salt 2 tsp ground black pepper 1/2 tsp cayenne *Baste the chicken regularly throughout grilling Music: King Musician: Jef
Spatchcocking chicken is a process by where the spine is removed and the breast bone is pressed down. Spachcocking allows for a quicker and more even spread of heat throughout the meat and ultimately a better and easier cooking experience.
- 1 Spatchcock chicken
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creamy horseradish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- To create Alamaba white sauce combine mayonnaise, creamy horseradish, apple cider vinegar, sugar, yellow mustard, ground pepper and cayenne into a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Start preparing your chicken by rubbing in seasoning. (We used Stubb’s chicken rub which has hints of garlic and honey. Feel free to make your own or to trial a rub of your own!)
- Place the chicken on the grill at medium heat.
- Baste the chicken generously with Alabama white sauce. Repeat this step approximately every 10-15 minutes throughout the cooking process. Typically the chicken will be cooked, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F, within 45-60 minutes.
- When prepared, divide the chicken and serve. Use the extra sauce to dip your chicken! So good.