This creamy tomato based pasta, loaded into a bread bowl and baked with cheese is sure to turn heads!
View this post on Instagram
Creamy tomato pasta stuffed in a toasted bread bowl and smothered in cheese! 🧀🍅🔥 We cooked a creamy tomato based sauce, tossed in our pasta and loaded up a sourdough bread bowl! Covered with cheese and toasted in the oven! Check out those cheese pulls at the end! 📹:@restauranteating Music: Kumasi Musician: Jef
- 2 sourdough bread loaves
- 1 lbs cooked pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Using a knife, cut a circular opening at the top of your sourdough bread loaf, approximately 75% of the surface area of the upper portion of the loaf.
- Remove bread from inside the loaf with your hands to create a bowl shape. Note: these are large bowls and can serve two people with smaller appetites.
- Cook 1lbs of al dente pasta. Place pasta into boiling water for 7-10 minutes, until soft but remaining somewhat firm.
- Add olive oil to a pan on high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes until tenderized.
- Add tomato puree and paste, mix well.
- Stir in mint, black pepper and salt.
- Pour in cream and simmer until thickening occurs, typically around 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta, sauce and parmesan.
- Add pasta to bread into bread bowls and cover opening of bowl with cheese of choice, we used marble.
- Broil in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.