This cheesy classic is easy and brings a flavorful punch to a boring afternoon meal!
View this post on Instagram
Check out these philly cheese fries we made yesterday! Starting with premium ribeye from @trulocal sliced into small slivers, piled on crispy fries and smothered with cheese! Tag a friend who needs to make you this! @trulocal is a Canadian subscription delivery service that offers local farm quality meat delivered directly to your door! Definitely give them a visit. #trulocal 📽️:@restauranteating Music: Pancakes Musician: Jef
- Steak, we used 1 medium sized ribeye per serving.
- 150-200g fries per person
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Steak:
- Cover and freeze your steak for 35-40 minutes. (This makes thin slicing much easier). Then slice against the grain to create thin slivers.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a heated skillet on high heat. Add sliced steak evenly throughout skillet and cook for a few minutes. Once browned, flip and add your salt a pepper to taste, we used ½ tsp of each.
- Prepare a half bag of fries using your preferred cooking method. We chose to fry ours beforehand!
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour.
- Whisk until it becomes a paste like texture.
- Add the milk to the skillet and continue whisking.
- Increase heat to high until boiling.
- Once boiling, quickly reduce to a simmer. Allow the sauce to thicken up a bit.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt, whisk.
- Turn off the heat and remove the skillet from the stove.
- Add the cheese and gently as the cheese melts.
- Add your fries to a plate or skillet, top with steak and smother with cheese.