This fun and eye catching potato recipe looks complicated, but is actually very easy to make!
- 4-6 Baking Potatoes
- 3-4 slices of bacon (thick cut preferred)
- A few tsp of olive oil
- 4-6 slices of swiss cheese.
- ground pepper
- To create this unique design, you begin by making 1/4 to 1/6th inch slits into the potato, leaving approximately 1/2 inch at the bottom of the potato so that it does not separate. Tip: to guide your cuts and avoid cutting through the bottom, place chopsticks on both sides of the potato.
- Brush the potatoes with a small amount of olive oil.
- Add bacon in between the slits. (we opted for thick cut!)
- Add salt and pepper to preference and then place on grill.
- Allow the potatoes some time to heat up and then add your swiss cheese. Total time on the grill is approximately 75-90 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and test the potato, it should not be overly firm. Note: Keep an eye on the bottom of the potatoes, as they can burn if the grill is too hot.